Monday 15 March 2010

Veronica Falls

Hello again after the weekend.

Yes I have got something to write about today, instead of meandering about silly girl bands and even putting up a silly poll. [To which the amount of responses I received was phenomenal btw. (over 1)]

So hands up I you're fond of/a fan of "lo-fi" bands such as:
Vivian Girls,
Dum Dum Girls,
U.S. Girls

(you see the "girls" pattern forming?)

Or perhaps you like:
Abe Vigoda
Wavves

(Thems the boys)

Or maybe even:
Mika Miko
Comanechi
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

(thems got like both sexes)

Well I'm fond of/a fan of them and what I want to write today is about London based band called Veronica Falls.



After listening to the songs they've put on Myspace I'm definitely impressed and looking forward to more than just a single release. I feel like I just need more and deserve more. The single features their "hit" lo-fi "goth-pop" song 'Found Love in a Graveyard' and a cover version of Roky Erickson's 'Starry eyes'.

Found Love in a Graveyard starts of beautifully with a sort of vocal delivery I could imagine hearing at a traditional music recital but breaks into a glorious "vivian-girl-esque" pop song that is a delight to listen to.



When asked about their favourite bands, they came up with Brighton boys 'Light Sleepers' who are indeed a bit good. But I'll write about some of my fave Brighton bands some other day.

Laterz

0 hot love confessions:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...