Monday 1 February 2010

Reina del Camino

Today I did the possibly most street-cred thing in the world:
I baked cinnamon rolls. They turned out good. I ate a few
I came. I saw. I conquered. "'Nuff sed"

After stuffing myself with doughey goodness I felt physically sick and after getting home haven't actually moved since. (this happened many an hour ago...)

So illness is a perfect excuse to "do the blog" and with this in mind I bring thee:

Reina del Camino



The Brooklyn-based quartet have captured a perfect mixture of "surf" and 'Shadows' style guitar playing making me yearn more and more for the summer. I could easily get slated for this but it wouldn't be too hard to imagine 'Sleep to Dream' playing in the background of a Quentin Tarantino film.

'Throw it Away' is a lovely instrumental featuring tidy guitar work over some less-than-subtle beatboxing. Nevertheless loads of fun!

But of their Myspace songs 'Beg For It' is the one that really does it for me. The song has such a driving force it begs to be played on repeat over and over. I really do hope the summer is swift in it's arrival.

Alas, myspace is all they have to offer for now but I'm told that Reina del Camino are hitting the studio in March so I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for new material. You should too.
Don't be a stranger

T
xxx


OOOH I ALSO MADE A PLAYLIST AGAIN. LISTEN TO IT IF BORED OR WHATEVER, IF NOT BORED THEN CARRY ON DOING WHATEVER COOL STUFF IT IS YOU'RE DOING AND TELL ME WHAT THAT SHIT IS TOO.


Ooh I especially love the 'Curly Hair' song.
Here's the video from the christmas party I was at in Brighton. If you were to be some sort of superman videoclip-turning-man and twist the picture to the immediate left then you'd see me there with a stupid grin on my smug face. Nice.



Flatmate K looks like this according to his own words.
Believe in nothing.

0 hot love confessions:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...