Monday 4 April 2011

Yournalist




I felt really down and super tired after a distinctly average weekend that somehow seemed to suck the life and soul out of me.
So today I left uni early, had a three hour nap and woke up to an e-mail telling me to listen to Yournalist.

This was good in three ways:

1. Yournalist are from Finland. Might not add to the long list of blogged bands, but never seen live.
2. Yournalist are from Turku, ie. the city I live in, giving me a sense of having an actual local music scene, which I wasn't completely aware of earlier.
3. Their song Nigerian Girl off their up 'n' coming EP Slippery & Infected is well good.

There are some pretty catchy, summery vibes floating around here doing their business and wiping the sleepy dust outta my eyes so that I get back to the "important stuff" (reading long and tedious scientific articles about eating various different strains of bacteria)

Check, em out. (Yournalist, not the probiotics) They quote Vampire Weekend, The White Stripes and The Beatles as their influences. See if you can spot them.

Yournalist - Nigerian Girl by drinktonightrecords

0 hot love confessions:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...