Monday 11 April 2011

My Super Sweet 16 and a bit.

Last weekend was my birthday weekend and instead of my parents getting me the "superest" party this town's ever seen + a diamond encrusted SUV that would make even Naomi Campbell blush, my parents didn't get me a party or the "swag-wagon" of my dreams.

I did however learn a few things about life, stuff and even a bit about music. Because surely that's the point of growing up/old? You learn some stuff, do some stuff and then take all that stuff and use it up in the old catamaran of heaven. (or Charon's rubber dinghy if you've been a bit of a bastard)

The whole point of this post is to inform you lot about my new found wisdom.

So firstly.

No matter how hard you think you can party, there's always someone who can come along, take your "super-hard-party-skills", devour them, wash 'em down with a dirty beer mat and vomit them all over the walls of your "happy-place". Just to show you that you ain't got nothing on them.

Next I discovered the wonders of social media and its 'slang'. Of course it's a great feeling when people are congratulating your survival of yet another year on this planet. You (I) feel super popular when your Facebook-wall gets mobbed by literally the entire universe proclaiming their everlasting love and joyous wishes. Your close friends, your friends, your "other" friends and then that guy whose request you accepted because some woman in the background of his profile picture was showing some cleavage and you just had to check it out.

Oh and maybe (or not) the funniest thing, and I've never seen this before, is people who just write "HBD" on your wall. That's like for people who kind of want to congratulate you on something, but just can't be arsed to type in all those characters. Maybe a bit like someone who, in person, instead of actually saying "happy birthday" (see, even I could be arsed to type it) just gives you the thumbs up coupled with a really smug grin.

I'm going to start using HBD, along with other acronyms on Facebook. Just need get the gist of it first:

Guy whose request you accepted because some woman in the background of his profile picture was showing some cleavage and you just had to check it out:
-Oh no! My cat's just climbed up a huge tree and I can't climb up to get poor Veronica Mars because of my hereditary I-can't-climb-trees-due-to-fear-of-trees+cats-combo disease.

Me:
-ON! HYTCTFB? MICHABML? ILDHTD...

Made up acronyms and social media. Hit or miss? We'll find out soon.

This post's length is getting out of hand so to finish it off. Here's the last thing that I learnt. Perhaps even the most important thing I'll ever learn.


This song goes "It's a hard knock life" and not however the hell I always sing it.

Thanks for your time.
Might return with some music soon.
HBD everyone!

0 hot love confessions:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...