Monday 28 March 2011

Cymbals - Summer Escaping (video)

Is it just me or are music videos a bit of a dying trend? An already dead trend? Not having a tv doesn't really affect the fact that I very VERY rarely see any music videos, because it's not as if MTV shows music videos any more.
I think it's more to do with the fact that my internet connection won't, due to speed disagreements, load a 3 minute video in less than 3 hours. (Yes, 3 hours is too much).
So usually when I want to check out a new video, I'll come somewhere where the connection's slightly more reasonable. Like university.
There's just one slight problem with the computers at uni. They've got no sound/audio compatability at all. Not even for headphones.

(Hell, maybe they even do, but I'm just useless at all this modern stuff, like summoning sound from motherboards.)

So I'll sit there ready to watch the video, and play the song off my mp3 player, trying and hoping to press both play buttons at the same time. Synchronisation is the key. A key that sometimes doesn't actually have to fit.

Right, now that I've got that off my chest, I can get on to Cymbals' new video for their song Summer Escaping, off their soon-to-be-released album Unlearn. It's directed by Ollie Evans who's worked with Klaxons and Late of the Pier, so we're in good company now.
I'm not sure if I "get" the video. But you can always give it a go.



I'm not sure if I "got" the partner video for it either. It's for Teeth's See Spaces. And there's kind of a similar theme going on.

0 hot love confessions:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...