Thursday 12 August 2010

Lillica Libertine

Yesterday I was loathing myself for not going to see LCD Soundsystem and The Chemical Brothers at Flow's pre-festival. Drowning my sorrows by searching for new records to buy.

If there's one thing I've learned from all that Sex and the City that I never watched, it's that women go shopping when they're down. So there I was feeling like a non-fashionista cyber-online music version of Carrie Bradshaw going through various record labels' webpages desperate to find something to sink my teeth into, when BEHOLD! I see that Lillica Libertine had released a 12" EP on Meal Deal Records.



I used to "dig" Lillica Libertine a lot. This was roughly 3 years ago. Then I sort of forgot about him.
Seeing that name pop up again after so many years sparked a frantic search for his Loose Lips Sink Ships track, which I remembered being fucking amazing.
Couldn't find it so I just had to listen to all his other stuff.

I should probably elaborate and tell you that Lillica Libertine is a producer from Nottingham who makes very hard-hitting electro bangers. Not completely unlike the stuff I'd hear coming out of my ex-flatmate K's room when he used to play Bloody Beetroots on repeat.

You should listen to his myspace because the only video I could find to embed was his remix of Snow Patrol's Take Back The City

ROOM SERVICE by Lillica Libertine

ULTRA 10 by Lillica Libertine



Flow Festival starts up tomorrow and that's where you'll find me. If you see me say hello. If you don't see me. Well maybe next year then.
If you have trouble recognizing me, I'm very probably the guy in the front row with a huge grin on my face.

This is T-bone out for the weekend. Have a good one and I'll catch you next week!

0 hot love confessions:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...