Wednesday 4 August 2010

Black Coffee and Cherry Pie

So round here in Finland a storm's a brewing. I can feel it in my bones. And I saw it on the news.

So I've braced myself for it by listening to the ace new Beko DSL compilations. With over 40 tracks by some of the "gnarliest" bedroom musicians you'll come across in this day and age it packs quite the punch (if lo-fi homebeats are your thing).

Anyhoos I was quite captivated by a certain Black Coffee & Cherry Pie's track 'Fountain'



Fountain
starts off with just the drums and then starts up a wonderfully catchy lead synth line with a simplified melody slighly nodding in Eurythmics' direction.
It becomes a rapturous piece of IDM. And if that ain't just something that I'm into. Dang nam it. (Note. This is the first time I've used the term intelligent dance music. I'm not comfortable using it and probably never will use it again.)

So ok. I did some internet rummaging and found out that BC&CP is the moniker of a french guy called Albert Murienne. I also found out that you can listen to his mini-album 'Nights At The Mono' on Spotify.
So that's what I did.

You can too

There's a lot more going on "genre-wise" on Nights At The Mono than there is on Fountain. I think I even heard some post-punk in there on 'Messy Kid'. The amount of stuff going on makes the album not the most consistant one I've ever heard, but nevertheless a right treat for my ears.

Now I think the storm's hit this area. I can see trees being all bendy and that.

Laterz

Oh yeah. Apparently the name comes from this

0 hot love confessions:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...